Thursday, December 22, 2011

After Dark Project Detail


Welcome to The After Dark Project…

As you might guess, this project has absolutely nothing to do with daylight. It’s all about the night, and the inhabitants thereof. I plan on spending a number of Saturday nights wandering the Loop with my camera, shooting as I go. I’ll be grabbing some candid street photography, staged glamour sets, plenty of editorial views and most anything else that catches my eye, including the occasional humorous set up shot…

Initially, I’m planning on conducting model shoots with a high Fashion/High Society tone about them. Eventually I will expand the “After Dark” concept to include other looks up and down the societal scale…

All imagery for this project will be rendered as high contrast B&W images, though I won’t rule out the possibility of some sepia toning sneaking in here and there.


Goals/Intentions
The After Dark Project, is very much in it’s infancy. It is a work in progress, and as such, I expect the look and feel of the images shot for this project to evolve somewhat as I get further and further into the project.

I do intend to publish the Collection in a variety of ways and means, including but not limited to high quality art prints, calendars, and coffee table books

Model Requirements
This is an “equal opportunity” project. All models (male, female, other…) are welcome. All models must sign my commercial release and provide a photo ID demonstrating you to be of legal age to do so. Moms and Dads, your children are also welcome, but you must be prepared to sign a commercial release on their behalf as well.

Wardrobe
Ladies, for this particular stage of the project I need you wearing a skirt/dress and heels. Nothing too short, nor too snug, mind you. I'm looking for simple, classic elegance that also shows off your figure to full advantage without being blatantly slutty… Minimalistic jewelry – a single strand of beads or a matching bracelet & earrings is more than sufficient.

Gentlemen, as with the ladies, for this current stage of the project I need you in your best suit and tie. That includes freshly shined shoes and a pocket hankie as well. If you happen to have a Fedora or other hat that compliments your suit, by all means bring it along – but no ball caps, okay?

Compensation
This project is being conducted on a Trade basis. I offer all participants their choice of 10 fully edited image files in full size printable and low resolution web display formats.

For those of you who actually do model for a living (or are attempting to make the transition) I do have a profit sharing plan in which you will share equally in any profits derived from the sale of your images. Full details available on request, of course…

Miscellaneous Stuff
All model sessions for After Dark will be conducted on location in the Loop.
Sessions will be conducted on Saturday evenings beginning at full dark.
Sessions to date have averaged 3 to 4 hours in length.
This is a LOW LIGHT shoot, which means relatively long exposure times; there will be a lot of "do over" shots.

DISCLAIMER
I do not tolerate "high school drama" on my shoots. I go into each and every session with the full expectation that I am working with adults fully capable of discussing any and all issues that may arise. Name calling, threats of violence and similar nonsense will result in the session's immediate termination and the deletion of all images taken to that point. If necessary, I will call the police and press charges to the full extent allowable under the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment